Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Disaster

So, I am a total disaster today. I decided to cook a pork tenderloin on the grill tonight with Pioneer Woman's rosemary rolls. So, after thawing out the pork from my handy dandy deep freeze, I seasoned the pork and threw it on the grill. After a few minutes of grilling, I flipped the meat over. I had it on high so it would get a good sear. I went to the living room and was working on a scrapbook page. (Us cutting our cakes at our wedding.) I'm pretty sure I was only in the living room for 3-5 minutes. Pretty sure. Anyway, I looked out the window and I see LOTS of smoke. So, I hurry outside and notice that the grill seems to be melting a little on one side. I turn off the gas. I don't want to explode. I did my nursing preceptorship at the trauma burn ICU. I know too many of their nurses. I cannot be burned. They will see me naked. So, after turning off the gas, I open the lid. Oh man! The pork is crispy! And, on FIRE! I move the meat to the NOT  ON FIRE side of the grill with the grill brush and try to blow out the fire. Uh, not working. I debate on getting the fire extinguisher or the hose, but I like my grill. I don't want to have to buy a new grill. And, I don't know if these things will ruin my grill. So, I just kinda stand there and watch. Looking back, the propane tank still could have exploded since the grill was still on fire. Good thing I didn't think of that then. Good news is nothing exploded. Bad news is dinner was WELL done on the outside and very RAW on the inside. I should have taken a picture. It wasn't funny at the time. I threw it away in disgust. Sorry. 
Well, just because I burned dinner (round 1) doesn't mean that we are not eating. I decided to make pepperoni stromboli. Problem. I have cheese. I have sauce. I even have pepperoni. But no pizza dough. So, I get on Pioneer Woman's website and find a quick pizza dough recipe off the tasty kitchen tab. I'll post it. After making the dough, I preheat the oven. Two minutes later I remember that I put my rosemary rolls in the oven (covered with a dish towel) to rise. I pull it all out of the oven and barely miss attempt #2 to burn down my house. I love my house. I do not want to burn it down. So, I made stromboli  and the rosemary rolls. And, I forgot to take pictures of both. (I will include pics of the last time I made it) I did, however, remember to second degree burn my left forearm trying to get the stromboli and rolls to fit in the oven together. I took some pics of the burn for your viewing pleasure, although they are not very good. Moving on. I still had half the pizza dough. So I made a pizza too. And, forgot to take pictures. Until after we ate half.  Better late than never.  I will try not to burn down my house for the rest of the night. Nick is home. He will protect me. 


stromboli

the pizza

Rosemary rolls

I swear there is a burn there.

No comments:

Post a Comment